(Press Release) : –
1. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela strongly rejects the continued attempt of illegally imposing unilateral sanctions against high-rank officials of the Venezuelan State by the government of the United States of America, violating both the International Law and the objectives and principles enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations.
2. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela alerts the international community on these new hostile and unfriendly actions against Bolivar’s Homeland by the U.S. regime, which are part of a new round of attacks started at the dawn of this new year when the presidential elections are to be held in our country.
3. It is clear that, with this new action, the U.S. regime seeks to fill the gap left by the Venezuelan opposition after three important electoral defeats in 2017, by attempting to subdue the Venezuelan people through sanctions and sabotage aimed at weakening our national institutions and restarting the violence already overcome and soundly rejected by the Venezuelan people through its vote.
4. Additionally, the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela categorically rejects the destabilizing plans that the U.S. Embassy in Caracas intends to promote, which main objective is to foster the violent destruction of democracy in our country and engender social chaos.
5. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela firmly states to the free peoples of the world that all sanctions, whatever they may be, unquestionably and directly harm all Venezuelans, hence they impact, inter alia, our sovereign capacity to negotiate foreign debt and import staple goods such as food and medicines. Consequently, it is a criminal and hostile action against our noble people.
6. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, once more, invites the government of the United States of America to focus on solving the deep social and political inequalities that afflict 99% of its population; on clarifying
the influence peddling by the presidential staff and the racial violence against afro-descendants, among others, instead of pretending to be a representative of high morality, which no people in the world has recognized as such.
7. The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, by reaffirming that is a free, sovereign and independent country, reiterates that neither its people nor its national institutions shall ever be subjected to the plans of any foreign power, and shall continue rejecting any attempt against peace, democracy and stability of the nation.
Caracas, January 5th, 2018