(London Post) Turkey applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships are now open and will close on 3 November 2015 at 14:00
Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government’s global scholarship programme funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, available in over 160 countries and territories since 1984.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Turkey can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Democracy, Judiciary and Human rights
- Information society and Media
- EU accession reforms
- International politics
- Trade and Prosperity
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grant
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (Voluntary work and internship included)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2016.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016. (IELTS Academic 6,5 – Pearson PTE Academic 58, TOEFL IBT 79, Cambridge English Advanced (CEA) 176. Please visit this link for further details)
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
How to Apply?
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page. Documents submitted by mail, e-mail or fax will not be accepted.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please visit Chevening web site and read the application guidance carefully.
If you have a question related to Chevening Scholarships and Fellowships applications please visit the frequently asked questions page. If you still can’t find an answer to your enquiry, please get in touch with us using our online contact form.
Chevening Scholarship applications will close on 3 November 2015 at 14:00.