Singer Tulisa Contostavlos will return to court today for the conclusion of her trial over assault allegations.
Celebrity writer Savvas Morgan said he suffered swelling to the eye after an alleged incident involving the 25-year-old in Chelmsford, Essex, last year.
But the ex-N-Dubz star and former X-Factor judge claimed she has been the victim of a vendetta, saying Morgan had a “strange obsession” with her.
Contostavlos has denied an assault charge linked to the alleged altercation last August.
The star is on trial at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court with her assistant Gareth Varey, who is accused of threatening behaviour, which he also denies.
This morning the court will hear prosecution and defence closing speeches before District Judge Angus Hamilton retires to consider his verdict.
Giving evidence earlier this week, Contostavlos said she was fighting for her reputation and career.
She described the incident as nothing more than a “playground slanging match” which had been used as part of Mr Morgan’s “vendetta” against her.
Contostavlos added: “This is my life on the line, my livelihood.
“I cannot believe it has been taken to this point and I’m standing here today.”
Mr Morgan told the court that Contostavlos raised her fists in the air and was swinging her arms in a backstage area at the festival.
“Everyone was jumping around trying to get at me, there was a lot going on,” he said.
Prosecutor Matthew McNiff said the incident happened at 12.30am on August 18 as Mr Morgan was about to leave. He said Contostavlos accused Mr Morgan of stalking her, and swore at him.
Contostavlos and Varey, 28, both of Royal Drive, Friern Barnet, north London, are both on unconditional bail.