Brooklyn Beckham impresses at the Emirates, and Gunners could sign him to long-term deal next summer
Is Goldenballs Junior set to be a Gunner? He could be according to the Daily Star, which claims that David Beckham’s son, Brooklyn, has signed a contract with Arsenal until the end of the season.
Apparently the 15-year-old Burberry-loving youngster so impressed coaches at the Emirates that they have snapped him up for the current campaign and “there are plans for a long-term deal next summer”. According to the Star Manchester United and Chelsea have both been tracking Brooklyn in recent weeks but it seems the teenager – often seen cheering on Arsenal at the Emirates in the company of Goldenballs senior – has his heart set on the Gunners.
The Star quotes an entirely respectable Arsenal source who whispered: “Arsenal realise he can be a huge talent… they have seen that potential and protected their asset.”
And there’s more – the paper adds that it might not be just Brooklyn Beckham who has attracted interest at the Emirates. Younger brother Romeo, 12, has also turned out for the club’s under-13s team and his progress is being monitored by Arsenal’s hierarchy. Given that the Arsenal seniors have been defending like schoolboys this season the Beckham boys might be challenging for a place in the senior squad soon rather than later.
Meanwhile the Daily Mail claims that the Emirates dressing room could welcome another pubescent playmaker before long – Goncalo Guedes. Described by the paper as “the new Cristiano Ronaldo”, the 17-year-old is currently making hearts swoon with Benfica but his skill set has already come to the attention of Arsenal, not to mention Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.
Though the Portuguese club hold Guedes in high regard, they’re not stupid, and the Mail says they are inserting a “£40m release clause” in the youngster’s contract and may be open to offers next summer if a club is prepared to take a punt on someone not yet old enough to drink in a pub.
Talking of clauses, the Daily Mirror says that Liverpool and England striker Raheem Sterling will be “slapped with £60m buy-out clause” in his new contract as the Reds look to call Real Madrid’s bluff. The European champions have been sniffing around Sterling of late and the Mirror says the new contract – that will see the frontman’s weekly wages rise from £30k to £100,000k – will “make it clear to Europe’s top clubs they will need deep pockets” if they want to prise him away from Merseyside.
But might Liverpool be expecting Real Madrid – not known for holding back in the transfer market – to make a bid next summer? Perhaps that’s why the Sunday People claims Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is weighing up a £15m move for Ivorian striker Seydou Doumbia. The CSKA hitman’s goals helped humble Manchester City in the Champions League last week and his form has excited interest at Anfield. According to the People Liverpool scouts “were watching the Ivorian for the fifth time” and an offer is expected, perhaps as early as January.
With Mario Balotelli failing to provide any fireworks since his arrival from AC Milan in the summer, the 26-year-old Doumbia is being eyed up by Liverpool with the People claiming he could be theirs for around £30m. ·