With the support of the Ministry of Investments and Development jointly with NC Kazakh Invest, the fourth annual awards ceremony honoring foreign investors for investment activity in Kazakhstan took place in Hilton Astana today.
The official awards ceremony was launched by Deputy Minister of Investments and Development Yerlan Khairov. The event was also attended by investors, heads of foreign diplomatic missions, business associations and organizations.
Deputy Minister Yerlan Khairov noted the since the first years of Independence, Kazakhstan staked on ensuring economic growth through creating favorable conditions for foreign investors.
“Over the past 12 years, thanks to the work that our State carried out to improve the investment climate, the inflow of direct foreign investments in Kazakhstan’s economy amounted to more than 250 billion USD,” – Yerlan Khairov said.
It should be noted that today awards were given to five companies in such sectors as the agro-industrial complex, manufacturing industry, logistics infrastructure, mining and smelting, and pharmaceutical industry.
The best foreign investors are:
– The Cyprus company Mareven Food Tian-Shan was awarded for investment activity in the development of the agro-industrial complex (production of food products and semi-finished products);
– The Japanese company Tokyo Rope Almaty was awarded for investment activity in the development of the manufacturing industry (production of steel products);
– The Chinese company Cosco Shipping was awarded for investment activity in the development of the logistics infrastructure (construction of the dry port at the SEZ Khorgos – Eastern Gate);
– The Russian company Giessenhaus was awarded for investment activity in the development of the mining and metallurgical complex (production of alloyed aluminum);
– The Polish company “Khimpharm” Polpharma was awarded for investment activity in the development of the pharmaceutical industry (production of solid form tablets).
For reference: Kazakh Invest is a national agency for attracting investments in Kazakhstan, it provides a full range of services for supporting investment projects from conception to implementation on the principle of “one-stop shop” and acts as a single coordinating center for special economic zones of the country. Kazakh Invest acts as the single negotiator representing the interests of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan in discussing the prospects and conditions for the implementation of investment projects. It has a network of representative offices abroad.